Penny Hosken is a Melbourne based triathlete and full time engineer.
After winning the World Age Sprint Distance Triathlon Championships in Auckland in 2012 she stepped up competed with the worlds best on the ITU (International Triathlon Union) circuit.
In recent times she shifted her focus to Off-road and Xterra Triathlon. She was 3rd Pro female in her first Xterra in Anglesea which lead to competing at the World Xterra Pro Championships in Maui in 2014.
After winning the Australian National Cross Triathlon Championships earlier this year she has been named on the Australian Elite Cross Triathlon Team for the World ITU Cross Triathlon Championships to be held in Australia in November this year!
Triathlon Career Highlights
- 2016 Australian Elite Cross Triathlon Champion
- 2017 Challenge Asia Pacifc Half Championship – 3rd Pro Female
- 2012 World Age Group Sprint Distance Triathlon Champion
- 2014 Xterra World Championship – 26th Pro Female
- 2013 10th in the Elite Female ITU Oceanic Triathlon Championship
- 2016/17 & 2012/13 Victorian Gatorade Triathlon Elite Female Series Champion with 8 event titles
As a junior she was a flatwater kayaking, highlights were representing Australia at the World Marathon Kayaking Championship and at the Youth Olympics.
She maintains a good balance and regularly competes in various cross training events such as Adventure Races (such as the Lorne Anaconda Adventure Race where she was the 5th placed female) and Cyclocross events (where is has podiumed in the National Series).